Google Ads Management
Win Instant Traffic and Boost Your Sales With Google Ads
How Can You Benefit From Google Ads?
If you want to start getting paid traffic to your website in the shortest time, Google Ads are one of the quickest ways of doing so. Unlike SEO, which takes months to become effective, you can see results from Google Ads in hours. If your bids are high enough, you could be in the number one spot for any search term almost instantly.
The cost of your ad will depend heavily upon the keyword you are targeting. Many keywords are highly competitive and so can cost large sums of money to win the top positions for. However, there are many much more profitable keyword phrases you can bid on, which will cost you much less than generic keywords. We will help you identify these keywords.
If your website is just starting out or the business is in need of an urgent boost in leads and sales, a Google Ads campaign can be the perfect step for you. Bear in mind though that setting up and managing a Google Ads campaign can be very time-consuming, so unless you have in-house experts, you will need a PPC agency to manage the campaign for you.
How Is A Google Ads Campaign Run?
1. Investigating Your Current Google Ads Campaign (if you have one)
If you are already running Google Ads, our first step will be to have a look at it and see where it is succeeding or failing. This will determine whether the existing campaign set-up can be continued with, or whether we need to build a new campaign from scratch. In particular we will look at:
- Analysing how targeted your campaign is and if it is granular enough.
- Your keyword lists and the keyword match types you are using.
- Your negative keyword lists.
- Your campaign and Ad Group settings.
- The type of bid strategy you are using.
- How you are using ad extensions.
- The performance of existing ad campaigns.
- Whether you have conversion tracking set-up.
Irrespective of whether we keep the existing ad campaigns, or advise new campaigns be created, we will give you our recommendations for running the first three months of a Google Ads campaign together.
2. Creating Your Google Ad Campaigns
Ensuring your Google Ads account and the initial set-up is done properly is one of the most important things to get right, if your campaign is to be successful.
Once you are happy with the plans we laid out in step 1, we will start to set-up the series of ad campaigns to target your marketing goals. These include:
- Campaigns which are structured to concentrate on specific target areas and which contain ad groups which are highly focussed on the products, service and pages of your website you want to market.
- Having done keyword research, we will use the relevant keywords in the best possible match-types to start getting leads or sales. The keyword match types can be fine-tuned to work out which combinations work best for each campaign.
- Setting-up the keyword bidding strategy so that we can ensure you get clicks right from the start, whilst keeping within your daily / monthly budget. The bidding strategy can be fine-tuned as results are analysed.
- Setting-up a negative keyword list so that non-profitable or irrelevant keyword searches are filtered out, so money is not wasted.
- Ad wording will follow your corporate style and language, but can also be structured to take advantage of any successful campaigns your competitors are using.
- Using as many ad extensions as possible to gain click throughs from your ads.
- Making sure the geographical campaign settings are efficiently set-up in order to appeal to your target market.
- Tracking the performance of your campaigns by using conversion tracking.
3. Conversion Tracking of Your Google Ads Campaigns
The only real way of seeing how successful your Google Ads campaign is, is to integrate conversion tracking into your campaigns. Depending upon the types of campaigns you are running, there are different elements you will need to keep track of. These generally will include:
- Contact form submissions
- Telephone calls from the website
- Telephone calls from ad extensions
- Bookings through your website
- For eCommerce, sales of products from your ads and how the cost of the transaction
For conversion tracking we use a combination of Google Tag Manager (GTM) and Google Analytics (GA). These two tools interact, grabbing the required data which is displayed in your GA reports. These reports will allow us to establish which campaigns are working well and we can see where visitors are leaving your funnel or deviating from it.
4. Managing Your Google Ad Campaigns
Google Ad campaigns need to be monitored closely, or you risk wasting money or having poor performing ads. Monitoring campaigns allows changes to be made to your campaigns and ads as soon as problems or downturns are seen in the analysis.Businesses waste vast sums of advertising budget by not properly managing their Google Ad campaigns. This is where we come into support you.
Management tasks include:
- Making search queries to find both new top-notch keywords and find negative keywords to add to the list, where your ads are attracting unprofitable clicks. This also allows us to remove bad search terms from your ad campaign.
- Monitoring and changing bid strategies to ensure you are always beating your competition or advertising in the range that is best for your budget and visibility requirements.
- We keep track of your monthly budget and reallocate resources as required for optimal performance.
- Ad wording needs regular reviewing to make sure it is relevant and converting. This also helps you keep just ahead of your competition with compelling ad wording.
- Keeping an eye on your audience will give invaluable data about how and when your audience are clicking on your ads. If peak trends are visible, we can schedule your ads to appear for the right audience at the right time.
- Your landing pages on your website are critical. However good the ads are, if the landing page is poor, the ad revenue spend is wasted. We therefore keep track of the visitor’s interaction with your landing pages to make sure that the landing page is not the chink in your armour. If it is, the landing page will need to be reviewed and changed.
- Regular checks to make sure all your campaign settings and conversion tracking settings are correct and optimised.
5. Landing Pages
As just touched upon, your landing pages are an integral component of your Google Ad campaign. A landing page must be designed and built to convert. If this is not the case, there is little point in using Google Ads.
We are here to help with landing page creation, with the knowledge of what works and what does not. Our team will build landing pages which will convert and tweak these pages as needed to maximise performance.
The analysis and reporting of the ad campaigns will rapidly tell us whether a landing page is working well or not, allowing us to take the action needed to turn it into a well converting landing page.
Our advice is to build dedicated landing pages for each campaign, so that the visitor clicking through to your website gets exactly the information they need – and thus convert! Sending visitors to standard web pages often does not work well and is what most advertisers do. Dedicated landing pages can prove their worth in gold when done properly.
How Is Your Website Performing?
What Our SEO Clients Are Saying About Us
I’d recommend White Media to any of my friends, and, those friends who are recovering from expensive, unsuccessful, frustrating experiences with “the experts”. Technology is an enabler, it always was; not a “confuser to enable charlatans to profit from the uneducated”.
How Do I Know If My Google Ads Campaign Is Performing?
You will have access to your dedicated Google Ads project manager who will be your single point of contact for your Google Ads campaign. You can ask any questions if you are unsure about any area of the Google Ads plan and it will be answered in normal English – no tech-speak!
Each Google Ads management contract has a pre-agreed set number of hours each month for Google Ads work to be carried out. You will have unlimited access to your project manager within the monthly campaign hours.
We Are Different From Most Other Google Ads Agencies
If you have worked with other Google Ads agencies you might have found yourself baffled by tech-speak?
We at White Media like to concentrate on you, the client, rather than trying to make search engine optimisation sound like a dark-art which should only be approached by an expert. The aim of our Google Ads management service is to continually improve your return on investment and make your ad campaign work for you.
We therefore try and spare you the geek-speak and give you the results you want to see.